I am a PhD student with the DSP group at Rice University advised by Dr. Richard Baraniuk. I am interested in designing machine learning algorithms to create personalized learning technology for students. My current work is on the design of sequential decision-making algorithms that select learning actions for students based on factors such as prior academic performance to maximize their learning outcomes.
- Contextual Multi-Armed Bandit Algorithms for Personalized Learning Action Selection
IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing – ICASSP’17, special session on Advances in Signal Processing Education, New Orleans, March 2017.
- Integrating Working Memory into Learning and Content Analytics for Personalized Learning Systems
Ph.D. Qualifier Project, May 2016.
- M2M Communication for Medical Devices
Industry White Paper, May 2014.
- My email address is indu.manickam at rice.edu.
- My office is room 2019 in Duncan Hall.